how to do a card in style of surf_ny__resist ??

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by buguru, Jan 15, 2008.

1. buguru

buguru Guest

Positive Ratings:
    how to do a card in style of surf_ny__resist ??? or how to do that a player called at the area of upredelenuyu and him dvigolo forward or in a top with opredelenoy speed

как сделать карту в стиле surf_ny__resist ??? или как сделать чтобы игрок заходил в зону упределёную и его двиголо вперед или в верх с определеной скоростью

2. hacky

hacky L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think something got lost in translation.

Are you asking how to make a surf-style map where a player, after he spawns, are launched forward or upward with high speed?

3. buguru

buguru Guest

Positive Ratings:
    you play on a that card and will understand that I want to say!

Are you asking how to make a surf-style map where a player, after he spawns, are launched forward or upward with high speed?
    __________________YES

4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE! do not foul up TF2 with surf maps. They suck, plain and simple

5. hacky

hacky L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have not actually played on a surf-style map, I was only able to guess becuase I had seen something like it played in Counter-strike.

I am fairly new at Source mapping, so I don't know the triggers necessary to fling players at high speeds. If you cannot find an answer, see if you can contact the person making this map: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=642201
    This map involves a lot of long jump pads, so if you can contact this person he can probably tell you what triggers are involved.

For the same reason why rocket/sticky jump maps aren't fun for multiplayer?

6. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    If you were a girl, you would be my girlfriend. If you were hot of course. :p

7. buguru

buguru Guest

Positive Ratings:
    who have references to the lessons of mapping on tf2

8. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
  9. apocguy

apocguy L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    They are not all that bad, they are a good time killer. But I would have to agree, surfing does not belong in TF2.