How to block flag-carrying player from entering room?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by (s2a) yahodahan, Jul 6, 2009.

1. (s2a) yahodahan

(s2a) yahodahan L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looking for a way to block any players carrying a flag from entering a specific room- a respawn room will force them to drop the flag, but A) I don't want this area to be a respawn and B) In the game mode I'm working on, once you drop the flag you can't pick it back up until the other team has. So forcing a drop would be just annoying.

Is there a way to filter a clip plane/door/other by "if player is carrying flag, then don't allow" or something to that effect?

thanks!!

2. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Here, you go, ripped straight from one of my maps

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. (s2a) yahodahan

Positive Ratings:
    huge thanks!! This is really going to help. Would you mind also explaining how it works? I may be wrong, but from what I can see this will block EVERYBODY once the flag has been picked up. I'm hoping to only block the person carrying the flag- am I seeing the logic wrong though?

thanks again! :)

4. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, it will block everyone once the flag approachesbut this was the only simple way I could find. Basically, the trigger proximity chackes to see how far away the intel is and the logic compare (I think it is) takes this vale and checks it aganst a distance you set. If the number is lower than the number specified then the flag is close and the compare closes the door.

5. Acegikmo

aa Acegikmo

Positive Ratings:
    You can put a very thin respawnroom brush there and the player will drop the intel as he passes through there.

6. (s2a) yahodahan

Positive Ratings:
    oooooh i see- a prox sensor!! (reminds me of good'ol Perfect Dark- fllepflepflepbeepbeeepBOOM)

:D

thanks!

7. BrokenTripod

BrokenTripod L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    He doesn't want the person to drop the intel, just be unable to go past a point.

8. (s2a) yahodahan

Positive Ratings:
    yep, i got it working- thanks guys!