How to Block Bullets In Map?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by CyanideNoodles, Oct 2, 2016.

1. CyanideNoodles

CyanideNoodles L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I am trying to making it so bullets can't go through but players can. I've looked and can't find any guides for it. As soon as I make the block bullet texture a func brush with no solidity it removes the block bullets effect. I'm trying to do this to help prevent spawn camping from messing with the idle farmers..without messing up the design of the map. Anyone who can help?

Also I can't just add godmode there to prevent death or else players would abuse the godmode.

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    People have been trying to do this for eons, and I don't recall there being an easy way.

I think it was @Egan who came up with a way using filters? But it's not perfect.

3. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
  4. Anreol

Anreol L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CyanideNoodles

Positive Ratings:
    gonna try this thanks!

6. CyanideNoodles

Positive Ratings:
    THIS WORKED! Thank you!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    So many ways to customize what can and can't penetrate an object, but still no way to make something that sticky bombs can attach to but can also be disabled/disappear.

8. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Aaah, good ol' Thunder Mountain's 3rd stage where the entire mid area is a no-stickies-allowed zone.