How to add more of those things that make the payload cart move?

Bunker Junker

L3: Member
Jul 28, 2017
So I am trying to make my first ever payload map, but I've noticed that from the payload set that I got from the A Boojum Snark's Team Fortress 2 Mapping Resource Pack, I have kind of a limited amount of those things that make the payload move.

Basically I'm asking how can I make more of those, I've tried copying them but they don't line up.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
The cart is parented to a func_tracktrain which moves along a set of path_track entities. You can create those manually and then link them together to create your own tracks.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
There's a lot of things that make it move. The tracktrain entity itself, the trigger that tells it to move when players are near, the path_tracks... I assume you mean the path_tracks, then these are usually named with a number at the end, and each has a keyvalue like "Next path_track" (or something like that, I forget). By shift-dragging Hammer allows you to link the source path node to the next one, by automatically renaming and setting the key value, but you can and will need to link and often name them manually.

Bunker Junker

L3: Member
Jul 28, 2017
The cart is parented to a func_tracktrain which moves along a set of path_track entities. You can create those manually and then link them together to create your own tracks.

There's a lot of things that make it move. The tracktrain entity itself, the trigger that tells it to move when players are near, the path_tracks... I assume you mean the path_tracks, then these are usually named with a number at the end, and each has a keyvalue like "Next path_track" (or something like that, I forget). By shift-dragging Hammer allows you to link the source path node to the next one, by automatically renaming and setting the key value, but you can and will need to link and often name them manually.

Mmm, alright. Thanks.