How to add custom song in hammer

Bazooks

L2: Junior Member
Dec 31, 2016
First, get a file for your custom song. The format can be mp3 or wav

Second, put it in the tf/sounds folder. If it doesn't work, use tf/custom/my_custom_stuff/sounds
If it doesn't exist, create it.
"my_custom_stuff" can be replaced with any other name.

Third, put an ambient_generic in your map. Set the sound to your custom stuff. In the "flags" tab you can check "Play everywhere" and uncheck "Is NOT looped" if you want.

Fourth, put something that turns on the ambient_generic via outputs/inputs. This can be a logic_auto(set it to OnMapSpawn) or anything else.

Also, if you want your song to loop, check Valve Developer Wiki on looping sounds

Bax

L1: Registered
Feb 15, 2018
First, get a file for your custom song. The format can be mp3 or wav

Second, put it in the tf/sounds folder. If it doesn't work, use tf/custom/my_custom_stuff/sounds
If it doesn't exist, create it.
"my_custom_stuff" can be replaced with any other name.

Third, put an ambient_generic in your map. Set the sound to your custom stuff. In the "flags" tab you can check "Play everywhere" and uncheck "Is NOT looped" if you want.

Fourth, put something that turns on the ambient_generic via outputs/inputs. This can be a logic_auto(set it to OnMapSpawn) or anything else.

Also, if you want your song to loop, check Valve Developer Wiki on looping sounds
It didn't work i searched the name of the song and the song that i named is not there

Bazooks

L2: Junior Member
Dec 31, 2016
i put it to raw and it didn't show
Where did you put your song? What was its name? What was its format? Can you show me a screenshot of it not showing?

Bax

L1: Registered
Feb 15, 2018
Where did you put your song? What was its name? What was its format? Can you show me a screenshot of it not showing?
5 are wav and 1 Mp3

Attachments

• Screenshot (194).png
    Screenshot (194).png
    106.6 KB · Views: 215