How mix two several game modes ?

CafeineMan

L2: Junior Member
Jul 31, 2010
Hello,

I created a payload race (PLR) map in one round like hightower. This mode works perfectly but I would like to added a captured point at the very beginning of the round in each camp (to lower the cart and can push it... like pl_cranetop for example) and I don't know how I should do ?

Someone could help me please ? I work on this map for months and I am so close to the goal now :(

Last edited:

deadsource

L3: Member
Jul 11, 2011
I think this can be accomplished by tweaking the map logic. Although I don't suggest adding two different game modes into one. Such maps aren't very popular.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Create the control points as usual, create the output "OnCapTeam<number>" on the trigger_capture_area entity and make it trigger the crane. I don't know what entity you are using for the crane, for it could be func_door or func_brush with some path_tracks.

Keep in mind that capturing a control point to enable a payload cart and other gamemode-altering gimmicks tend to be frowned upon because multiple objectives can confuse players. If it is very clear what to do, and there are no other weird gimmicks in the map, everyone may be prepared to let this one slip by.

Last edited:

CafeineMan

L2: Junior Member
Jul 31, 2010
I misspoken sorry. There will be no crane. Cranetop was just an example for the association CP + PL. When the control point was capture, I would like a start more like plr_panic (I like it ! :O).

Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay... I think of nothing else. I rather agree with your comments but I even want to test ! ;)

Thanks a lot for you're quick response but I do not know much with that :( (I know for the "OnCapTeam" but the capture not works ! Map logic of the PLR takes over ! ;) ). How tweak map logic is the question !

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
In my most recent map I have combined a CTF and Payload togther - if you do this make sure you make it game type 4 because, if you are using bots, they will ignore the payload and go straight for the intel.

Note you will have to also implement a trigger system to prevent the opposite team from running away with the intel and hiding it.