How I could block only robots, not players?

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
I have this very unique problem with my MvM payload map where I have to block robots from getting the intel. For a1 I used func_forcefield but it has buggy sidefeature that pulls players with it (but doesn't otherwise prevent movement). Another known option is func_respawnroom_visualiser but it has exactly same bug.

https://streamable.com/bjlzf

So, if anyone knows any other way to block only robots, I would appreciate help.

BigfootBeto

Party Time 2.0!
aa
Jun 8, 2016
Use a func_respawnroomvisualizer set to the red spawnroom. It's essentially a playerclip that only affects the blue team.

I'm not entirely sure what that bug is, but it shouldn't be happening...
Looking at the little video it seems as though the tracktrain has the wrong setting for making turns. It should be set to turn "Near path_tracks"

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
Use a func_respawnroomvisualizer set to the red spawnroom. It's essentially a playerclip that only affects the blue team.

I'm not entirely sure what that bug is, but it shouldn't be happening...
Looking at the little video it seems as though the tracktrain has the wrong setting for making turns. It should be set to turn "Near path_tracks"
It doesnt have wrong setting, it just has long wheelbase

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
What about a func_nav_avoidset to Blue team? Doesn't that physically force any bots to avoid that area?

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
But you'd still be able to get robots within the area, for instance by airblasting them in.

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
But you'd still be able to get robots within the area, for instance by airblasting them in.
Would a func_nav_avoid paired with a respawnroom visualiser parented to a red spawn room work? The bots won't allow themselves past the func_nav_avoid and the visualiser would be solid for them anyway if they were airblasted or such.

Fillmore

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 20, 2014
func_nav_avoid doesn't really work like that, unless you have a nav_interface that recomputes blockers every couple of seconds (which is gonna be horrible for the server, especially if the wave opens the floodgates on spam)

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
func_nav_avoid doesn't really work like that, unless you have a nav_interface that recomputes blockers every couple of seconds (which is gonna be horrible for the server, especially if the wave opens the floodgates on spam)
Hmm. I read somewhere that to make robots take specific routes you would use func_nav_avoids to stop them from going into specific bits and func_nav_prefered to make them favour a main route