How do you set up a Payload track?

Stormcaller3801

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 5, 2009
First things first: I have the Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack that ABS assembled, and am quite happy with it so far. However, there's two problems:

1) The Payload map I'm building is a lot more twisty

2) I need at least 5 capture points, including the final one.

I'm trying to figure out how to achieve these two things. I'm guessing that it involves changing the track path properties, but I don't know if there's some way to clone things, or what I need to make sure I change, and so on.

Related to this, I'm curious if there's a property to alter the amount of additional time gained per point, as my first draft layout is... rather big. A Scout running end to end via the shortest route takes about 31 seconds. A Heavy doing the same takes 53. I'm going to guess that it'll take more than 25 minutes to finish.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
only 31 seconds? Have you ran badwater with a scout? :p

Just create your own path_tracks and connect them in between the points.

As for having 5 points, you can't currently, the hud doesn't support them. But after the valve guys emailed me about what I said in the changelog the next patch will be including hud support for up to 8 points in payload. So just wait on that.

Stormcaller3801

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 5, 2009
Honestly the only time I've run Badwater has been while actively playing. And in that situation I tend to count myself lucky if I survive fifteen seconds.

How exactly do I go about connecting path_tracks between the points? I'm guessing just positioning them between the two won't do it, and I'm doubting that cloning a path object that's already connected between two points will handle it either.