How do you parent a info_player_teamspawn to a rotate entity?

Resistance

L2: Junior Member
Mar 24, 2009
People were talking about it in another thread, but I'm not sure how to do it. Theres no 'parent' option in info_player_teamspawn so I have no idea how to go about on this.

Also, is it possible to make a brush based entity where all entities except players pass through it? I tried using a func_clip_physics entity tied to a filter entity, but it didnt' seem to work, unless I set it up wrong. Perhaps a func_respawnroomvisualizer entity?

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
You could try to put smart edit off and add a parent manually

Playerclip material ;)

If you want to switch it from and to solid use a func_brush. (first make sure there are no players inside it, with a trigger_multiple)

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
as zeewier says.

manually adding a parent value works, however can lead to funky results, so be careful with it.
- if the spawn gets in a solid, the player will be stuck and cant move until he respawns again.
- If the spawn gets rotated (other than on the z axis) the player will be rotated too. The player will have a tilted vision, and will be to move faster in some directions than others.

Resistance

Mar 24, 2009
ah thx for the help guys, didn't realize a playerclip textured brush would already let other entities pass through it.

Resistance

Mar 24, 2009
My resource pack has the parent key added to the spawn entity.

It's wierd, I had your resource pack installed awhile ago and saw the improved FGD stuff when I was making my last map, then for some reason while I was in the middle of making it, the FGD stuff seemed to disappear and doesn't show up anymore. I'll try reinstalling.

Last edited: