1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

How do I stop open doors sticking out?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Bonafide, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Bonafide

Bonafide L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ok. I am building a sewer system similar to CP_Wells. The doors slide sideways but one of the doors moves into an open space and is visible when open. What can i do about this? (Picture without Vis or Rad).

2. DasMatze

DasMatze L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm afraid that the only thing you can do is cover it with architecture.

DasMatze

3. bob+M|M+

bob+M|M+ L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
  4. AWESOME-O

AWESOME-O L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Lol good catch Bob

5. Spacemonkeynz

Spacemonkeynz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, it would have to be covered, make sense in a way, the door has to go somewhere.

Or you could put some fancy rotation in, that would look pretty cool.

6. DragonFlame

DragonFlame L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe you could change the lip?

And bob...There is one female scout model (i forgot who made it...but she had a crapload of concept art...) She has a cricket bat ^^ and is british and stuff.

7. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I thought there was a setting in the door properties that makes the door kinda...hide in an invisible space when it's open? Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Neko is the one who created the concept and such, and Fade is the guy who made the model. They're members of Control Point, but I'm not sure if they're members here.

8. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think neko or fade is a member here, I don't think they do mapping. Did they get voices for the F.scout yet?

And the only way to stop the doors sticking out is to embedd them in something like a brush or a prop. It sucks but it has to be done.