How do I make the gate door, (seen in 2nd stage dustbowl) act as a door?

28 STAB WOUNDS

L1: Registered
Oct 2, 2018
I watched tutorials on how to make a door but the gate cant change to an entity. Any help how i can make the gate into a functoning door?

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Prop doors (ie doors that use props) are made using prop_dynamic entities parented to invisible func_door entities. Create a door, set the Render Mode to Don't Render, give it a name, then set the Parent property of the grate prop to the door entity's name. The prop will then move with the door whenever the door opens and closes.

28 STAB WOUNDS

Oct 2, 2018
Hi, thanks for replying. I did everything you told me to do but I attempt to make it work with a trigger, and when i start the game the trigger box shows and it dosent trigger the door to open. Also what do i type into the trigger to activate the gate and invisible door?

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
To make the trigger work, you need to turn it into a trigger_multiple entity. Go to the outputs tab in the trigger and add the following outputs:
My Output >|Target Entity|Target Input|Parameter|Delay|Only Once
OnStartTouchAll|<name of your door entity>|Open||0.00|No
OnEndTouchAll|<name of your door entity>|Close||0.00|No
The OnStartTouchAll output will open the door when a player enters the trigger and no other players are currently within the trigger volume. The OnEndTouchAll output will close the door when all players leave the trigger volume.

28 STAB WOUNDS

Oct 2, 2018
  • Hello again. Thank you very much for the help you've given me, but I need your help one last time. The door will open, but when im away from the trigger the second i enter the trigger proximity, the door closes. Thank you in advance

[Rx.] Christian Troy

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 23, 2017
Aren't doors like this available in the ABS pack or are those another thing?

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
  • Hello again. Thank you very much for the help you've given me, but I need your help one last time. The door will open, but when im away from the trigger the second i enter the trigger proximity, the door closes. Thank you in advance
Make sure you are using onstarttouchall and onendtouchall, and make sure the value for auto closing (I forget what it's actually called off the top of my head) to -1 so it is always controlled by the trigger volume.