How do I make an Areana Mode?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by HellJumper, Jun 19, 2009.

1. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    Hello all,

I just figured out how to use the basics of hammer (mapping out, brushes, models, spawnpoints, ammunition, etc.), but I need some help with making an actual game mode. I have a map completed, but now all I need to do is turn it into an arena map. If there is some easy way to do it, can anyone tell me?

I think it has something to do with the entities tool, but I am not 100% sure.

Again, thanks in advance!
    Frogger :)

2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    The link it my post in your introduction will lead you to ABS' pre-made pack. It has everything you need!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Anda02

Anda02 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
  4. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you guys! It worked like a charm. I had to combine some tutorials together, but it all worked out. Now I have a new problem. When I play on my map, the demoman's bottle is now a purple plaid. Same goes for the Sniper's kukuri/jarate and Spy's knife. That is it. The textures go back to normal when I load a default map, and I was wondering what you guys might think the problem is with my map that is making the textures of the weapons do that.

Thanks Again!
    Frogger

5. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    1 word.

Cubemaps.

You need env_cubemaps and you also need to build them. There are tutorials all over this website on how to do it.

6. Pianodan

Pianodan L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    If you haven't already, you should go through This List

7. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    You shouldn't need to do that to make arena work. My system is all inclusive and functional, what was the addition things you had to do?

8. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings: