How do I make a cylinder keep rotating?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by johbal, Jan 29, 2009.

1. johbal

johbal L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi

I'm creating a rather cool map for TF2 and I want a cylinder with a control point on it, levitating in the air... and rotating!

How do I make rotate while people are on it and they can move around on it without proble!?

I hope you understand what I mean!

Thanks in advance!

2. Acegikmo

aa Acegikmo

Positive Ratings:
  3. johbal

Positive Ratings:
    Right thanks!

From what I understand the func_rotating isn't available for tf2 yet?

And is it possible to adjust how long it will rotate... and is it also possible to make it start rotating BEFORE there's a player standing on it?

Thanks for the quick answer!

4. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Do you want the players to rotate with the cp or stand still on the rotating cp?

Because i think only with a func_tracktrain you can rotate it will players rotating with it :/

5. johbal

Positive Ratings:
    Well, I want the players to rotate with it, but in a smooth way is that's possible! I want the player's to be able to walk around the rotating cylinder just as they like but still rotating with it!

Thanks for the quick responds!

6. Apom

Apom L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Dragging players along with the cylinder's rotation is going to be incredibly annoying to them. You can't aim properly. I would advise you to keep any rotating element strictly without gameplay influence.

7. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I'd agree. Probably best to have the cap itself not rotate. But it could be on/in the middle of a rotating thing, that could be cool.

You can trigger it to start with the round_start entity (or whatever it's called)

8. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings: