How do I hide/unhide a brush?

vonDelson

L1: Registered
Sep 23, 2008
Hi all!

A reasonable easy question: how do I hide/unhide a brush via a trigger?

I want to unhide a brush when a player enters a certain area, and hide a brush when the player leaves the area.

I've tried some things, but none of them seems to work. Any ideas? Thanks!

Jakkarra

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 26, 2009
Why?

You could just do areaportals, if you know how they work.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
func_brush and trigger_multiple. onstarttouchall enable, onendtouchall disable. something like that.

vonDelson

Sep 23, 2008
Why?

You could just do areaportals, if you know how they work.

I don't have much experience with areaportals, but I can look into it. Thanks.

Why? I want players to know where the flag-carrier is via a textured brush.

Stink Horse

L2: Junior Member
Aug 1, 2009
Ohh like a map? That would be really neat, and I also have no idea how to do it.

It occures to me that this post is helpful like a hole in the head. Soo... Have you tried converting the brush to an entity? Or using a model to mark the flag carrier's progress instead? Or maybe a series of red lights shown on the map? Maybe those would work with Jakkarra's suggestion

Last edited:

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
I did that exact thing for my ctf map, I had some arrows that were brushes. Basically they need to be a func_brush.

And then you need to make it Disable or Enable to turn it off and on respectively. Make sure it Disables OnPickup and Enables OnReturn, so the arrow disables when its picked up and enables again if it times out and returns to the base.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
The HUD automatically shows every player where the flag is, I don't think a brush sign would be necessary.

vonDelson

Sep 23, 2008
I did that exact thing for my ctf map, I had some arrows that were brushes. Basically they need to be a func_brush.

And then you need to make it Disable or Enable to turn it off and on respectively. Make sure it Disables OnPickup and Enables OnReturn, so the arrow disables when its picked up and enables again if it times out and returns to the base.

Thanks, gonna give that a try!