1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

How do I get rid of the hall of mirrors effect?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Spacemonkeynz, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Spacemonkeynz

Spacemonkeynz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've sealed all the areas behind my displacements with nodraw brushes, the same as what valve does on their maps.

But when I noclip through the displacements or use mat_wireframe 1, I get the hall of mirrors effect. My level has no leaks.

However when I noclip through the displacements on the offical valve maps, I don't get any hall of mirror effect?

Anyone know how to fix it?

2. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    its a conspiracy!! No, try seeing if valve does anything else. Also, how close are your displacements to the edge of the map. mainly how close is it to the bottom. Valves are pretty far away.

3. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Just wondering, what's the negative impact? Players won't ever see that, will they?

4. Diddly

Diddly L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    can you post some screen shots, I'm not sure what you're on about ;-) cheers

5. Crimson

Crimson L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    That is the nodraw brushes. Make a room connected to your map, and texture it with nodraw brushes, and you should get the same thing when you look into it. Your fine.

6. Hawk

Hawk L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I'd say your map is behaving normally.