How Do I Add a Trigger_Capture_Area on SourceSDK 2009?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Pyromancer, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Pyromancer

Pyromancer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Basically, I can't find the trigger_capture_area entity on the entity inserter tool on Source SDK 2009. Could someone please help?

2. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Its not a point entity (one that you place like a prop) It's a brush entity, one that you create like a brush, cover with the toolstrigger texture, and then tie to an entity with ctrl+t. Once thats done, you can change it to trigger_capture_area in the drowdown menu in the window that will pop up.

Trigger_something entities are brushes, as are func_somethings. Most other things are point entities- prop_something, point_something, env_, info_, and logic_ are all points.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  3. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Specifically the orange trigger brush under /tools/, although as far as I know it doesn't actually matter except to make it easy to tell what it is.

4. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    It will work less well if its another texture- i'm pretty sure it wont work if any of the sides have a visible texture like a wood texture or something on them.