Vengeance

L1: Registered
Jan 23, 2012
591EA05F4E109F19FEB1C232E7FDD713C7F226F0

Much appreciated <3

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I have been firmly seated this entire time.

(It is a valid question whether you think I'm a jerk or not. His files could be corrupted or he could be looking at the wrong game config. Anyway, I think he wants to make some glass windows?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
430.jpg
I have no faith for the future of Team Fortress 2 Maps DOT NET anymore.

Vengeance

Jan 23, 2012
Yyler, before you jump to the conclusion that everyone besides you is an idiot, you should ask what he means by the title, because the post is vauge and unclear.

Vengence, are you asking how to get the texture onto a brush, or make a custom glass texture?

I'm wondering what brush this is. sorry should have been more specific.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
To be fair, it doesn't look just like that. In the texture browser it's squares instead of diamonds because the texture browser just grabs the raw image file and shows it as-is.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, to reiterate what Steve has said, it's not as simple as just finding the image because the image you see in game looks hardly anything like what you see in the texture browser because it does not display alpha and is rotated to 45 degrees. It can be a little confusing to find if you've not dealt with the glass textures before.

P.S. if you're having trouble finding a particular texture, sometimes it's easier just to load up one of the SDK provided maps and grab it from one of those official vmf's.

Vengeance

Jan 23, 2012
Yes, to reiterate what Steve has said, it's not as simple as just finding the image because the image you see in game looks hardly anything like what you see in the texture browser because it does not display alpha and is rotated to 45 degrees. It can be a little confusing to find if you've not dealt with the glass textures before.

P.S. if you're having trouble finding a particular texture, sometimes it's easier just to load up one of the SDK provided maps and grab it from one of those official vmf's.

Thanks, for the advice.