How can I change a single stage CP map to 2 stage CP map?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Open Blade, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Open Blade

Open Blade L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I originally designed my current map to be a single stage attack/defend map but now I want to make an additional stage. Aside from the brush work and the entities inside it (more CP's, more spawn rooms, etc.) what else do I need to do? I know I need to create another control point master for the new stage but what else, and do I have to change any setting to entities on first stage?

2. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    The map will only have one master, but multiple team_control_point_round. This should put you in the direction you need.

Bug: from the description you provided on that page it sounds like that is entirely irrelevant to his question. >.>

4. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    dang I forgot to add the VMF file into the zip - will fix it tonight - I made that post in a hurray as I was on my way out the door and someone else needed the same sort of answer - the BSP was on my desktop - was going to be out for hours and thought the person who needed it might have been in a hurry.

As for the coding thing, maybe it's learning styles, sometimes I like the step-by-step examples/tutorials but other times I like to look at decompiled maps and study the code in order to say - so that's how they did it! I also find that by doing the decomp route I get a better understanding of how something works.

5. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    My point was he wants to convert a single stage a/d map (like badwater without the cart) into a multi-stage a/d map (like dustbowl). Your map is niether...

6. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Ahhhhh me staying up too late, working late, etc, etc - you know I didn't actually see that until you pointed it out thanks.

I read his post 4 times and everytime I thought he was saying change the cp's in a map.

I'm going to bed now - tomorrow I'll brush up on my English reading :)

oh and I modified that file to include a vmf so people no longer have to decompile.

7. Open Blade

Open Blade L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't need to see another map. I know how to do this but I'm just curious to know if the Print name has a restriction on how many characters can be used. I believe that is what the problem is. Not 100% sure but what else would/could it be? But thanks for the offer.