How about let's play a REAL kart racer!

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Pocket, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Since everyone was going kind of nuts over the prospect of hacking together a kart racing mode in TF2 using the new bumper cars, I figured now would be a good time to remind you that there's a real kart racer for PC already: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.

What is it? Pretty much Mario Kart with Sega characters, and the occasional guest star — including Wreck-It Ralph. But instead of just racing cars on a track, your vehicle can also transform into a boat or a plane depending on the map, many of which even change from one lap to the next! The tracks are all based on Sega games, from Sonic to NiGHTS to Jet Set Radio, and the soundtrack kicks ass. It made me wish I had been a Sega kid growing up, because they sure made the games I'd never heard of before look awesome as hell.

How much does it cost? I'm glad you asked, because...
    ...you can get it in a Humble Bundle for as little as $1 right now!
    Yep, Sega has partnered with Humble Bundle and is making Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, the entire Dreamcast Collection, and NiGHTS Into Dreams available all for the low-low price of Upwards Of One Dollar. Plus if you pay more than the average, they'll throw in Empire: Total War and Company of Heroes 2, and if what you paid stays above the average long enough, they'll throw in some other stuff they haven't revealed yet!

I hate Sega! I'm still pissed off at them over Aliens: Colonial Marines and/or the YouTube DMCA fiasco and/or ruining Sonic forever about seven times in a row. You don't have to give them a cent! You can forward your money along to charity and cut them out altogether.

But I wanna race with TF2 characters. *pout* Ah, but you CAN!

(Fun fact: When this was first leaked from a beta tester, people were swearing up and down that it must be a really clever mod. Fun times.)

Sounds great! I want to play with the TF2Maps community! That's the idea. So here's what I'm thinking: If enough of us end up getting this, I'll see about setting up regular events where one of us (preferably with better Internet than me because it's P2P) hosts a game and invites everyone in the group chat who wants to join. There doesn't seem to be any other way to organize matches in this game, unfortunately, but at least it uses Steam and not some awful third party thing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
  2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Don't use Hex codes with the color tags and you'll be fine.

Also, just got it.

3. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    i bought it, lets play it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. InstantMuffin

InstantMuffin L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Oh dear, someone hasn't played TF2Kart yet.
    A "real" kart racer.

5. Blade x64

aa Blade x64 Logical insanity

Positive Ratings:
    I own it and love it. Give me the call whenever.

6. DonutVikingChap

DonutVikingChap L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've played this almost since it came out and I love it, so I'm all for this idea!
    I don't think we should give up on making awesome cart maps for tf2 though :)

7. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    Just got the bundle as a gift, sure why not

8. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
  9. Melvin D Engineere

Melvin D Engineere L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Already have the game on Steam. Give me a holler some time. I might need a break from Wii U Smash if it keeps infuriating me with its crazy challenges.

I am a bit rusty, but I'll still give it a go from time to time.

10. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    I've had it for a while as well and would be up for a race or two.

11. Omnomnick

Omnomnick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Pretty much Mario Kart but more fun and with less bullshit.

12. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    So this is the best game actually

Are we guys doing an event in it sometime?