L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 13, 2011
-Tweaked spawn timers.
-Redid lighting.
-Added a bunch of arrows.
-Moved B point a bit away from spawn.
-Added drop-down to B.
-Redid the other entrances to B.
-Added a door between the two main routes into B.
-Added another door which opens after capping A.
-Adjusted the lower flank route next to A.
-Adjusted the window room to shorten the alley flank.
-Removed the shack from the yard.
-Moved the shipping container and truck in the yard.
-Added some more space and stuff to the yard.
-Redid Blu spawn.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bereth

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 13, 2011
-Added a forward spawn for BLU.
-Removed the crate and added a slope next to A.
-Moved the main entrance to B to the side and lower.
-Fixed some stuck spots behind rocks.
-Shrank the yard near BLU spawn.
-Changed some of the heights in the shipping container room.
-Lowered the height of the B point.
-Turned the dropdown into a balcony.
-Slightly shrank the lower flank into A.
-Adjusted the shadow settings to reduce shadows through walls.
-Moved some of the routes from A to B higher and to the side.

Read the rest of this update entry...

FlipFTW

L1: Registered
Jul 12, 2020
Had the pleasure of playing homestead during a tf2maps playtest, didn't get the chance to leave any feedback through the system so thought I'd hunt down the page and give some of my brief thoughts and suggestions.

For the first point I think the biggest thing of note is a lack of ability on the defending team to be aware if the attackers were rotating to the right flank, I think to assist this a window could be added (where the portal is placed on the attached image). I think to make the main choke a bit more attacker friendly, a piece of cover could be added (dispenser wall on attached image). Besides that the left side (defender perspective) felt comparatively detached from the fight, I think the area could be brought in to make it less isolated.

The forward spawn following capturing the first is on a low ground with a large back-playground, the forward spawn could use another door or could use an adjustment to being somewhere that isn't as potentially camp-able.

Pushing 2nd the tunnels are rather mazelike, it's very difficult to rotate to either side quickly and are claustrophobic for a rather extended period. I'd recommend trying to make the area feel more open for the attacking team, and make the area feel more claustrophobic (props or more doors chokes out of spawn) to defend. The way the point is positioned feels awkward to defend, I think if you wanted to have it so that players can't immediately shoot the point something like a goldrush layout might be better suited.