Hiya!

Lunik

L1: Registered
Dec 5, 2010
Lunik here.

I have been playing TF2 for two years now, give or take, and I decided to start learning to make maps because the abundance of default map servers have driven me to near insanity! Yay!

Yes, I am an absolute beginner to mapping. My friends have told me that TF2 is especially difficult to map for, but that (hopefully) won't discourage me in the future.

If I may ask, what could a beginner use to get himself going? I have a somewhat decent understanding of the basics of Hammer, but all I am really capable of so far is making an extremely basic spawnroom. I thought I'd start mapping an arena/koth map, as they seem to be the simplest modes to make a map for. Any tips for a new mapper?

I hope to have a great time here and contribute something soon!

Mar 23, 2010
glhf. start with koth or arena or ctf if it tickles your fancy. download this

view and search the tut section often HERE

get some help in steam chat if you need it (link is in the menu bar thing at the top) but don't stay too long :O

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
Hey, welcome to tf2 maps.net, I hope you enjoy mapping and learn well. A couple of good links,

The mapping link resource
Help with some of the major mistakes in mapping
Ultimate resource pack - everything you'll need to help with your mapping including gametypes and props

Anyway, I hope these links help get you on your way, there are pleanty of other great resources all over the sight and if you have any questions or problems, the people here will be happy to help