Highville

KotH Highville A9

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Cliffside KotH map, planned theme to be a mix of alpine and maritime. (maripine/altime). As of A5 the control point now moves up and down the map to make the other portion less obscure (and for fun!)

Last edited:

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Space Jam mang

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm not 100% certain that makes geological sense. I mean, that's a cliff in your picture. Cliff + Harbour isn't a thing.

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
Maritime + cliff. A maritime town exists because you can launch boats from it; If you're high up enough that there's a cliff between you and the water then no boats. Right?

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Maritime + cliff. A maritime town exists because you can launch boats from it; If you're high up enough that there's a cliff between you and the water then no boats. Right?

I mean just the maritime theme in general, not like being a seaside town but just some elements of it mixed in (aka the seaside theme in general).

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
And how can we be sure it's not just that the tide's out and we're on the other side of the port?

Last edited:

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
A2
- Restructured doorway into cap building to kill bad sightline
- Adjusted upper-most cliff to kill bad sightlines
- Add a slope up to the upper-most cliff from the very back
- Added stairs inside the cap building to get to the upper portion
- Removed medium health pack inside cap building
- Added medium health pack inside upper part of cliff building
- Removed ledge on the cap and replaced it with fences to block bad sightlines
- Increased respawn wave time from 6 to 7.5 to compensate for map size a little bit
- Added a wall to the cliff beside the new slope to block bad sightline
- Clipped barbed wire fences
- Added some barriers at the very back along the cliff to prevent from airblast-happy pyros some
- Added a medium health and ammo in the centre of the buffer
- Added a window to both sides of the cliffside building for snipers & engineers
- Extended the ledge on the cliffside building to make it useful for engineers

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I enjoy this map when we play it. The only issue I see right now is that I never want to go down to the building near the cliff, even with the large healthkit there.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
I enjoy this map when we play it. The only issue I see right now is that I never want to go down to the building near the cliff, even with the large healthkit there.

I find myself and others there quite a bit, it could just be class / playstyle? I'm not too sure. The main idea I have at the moment for that area is health & ammo advantage (forcing the top team off the highground if they can't recover fast enough at the top which just has a small health and medium ammos [which I might reduce to smalls too]).

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
A3
- Added a small sniper shack at the back sides of the cliffside for snipers
- Reduced full health in cliff building to a medium
- Reduced medium health on log at cliff to a small
- Reduced medium ammo packs in the cliffside building to small ammopacks
- Made slide doors at spawns windowed doors

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
He could always add a dock at the bottom of the cliff under a func_hurt trigger.

The sign everyone seems to be basing the not making geological sense on is probably going to be temporary. As it's an exports/shipping sign if I do keep it or something similar I'm going to put some trains around instead most likely, and have a dock nearby in the skybox.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
A4 - Feb 20th 2015
- Fixed a rock asymmetry
- Added a new route around the from the side of spawn to the back shed added in A3 beside the cliff
- Flipped the health packs at the cliff to a small on the log and a medium on the platform
- Added a wooden plank leading up to the log at the cliff from the sewer path
- Removed some custom content temporarily to lower filesize

Last edited:

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014

What of water is sometimes high enough?

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
I think you guys are taking my theme spitballing a little too seriously. When I say "maritime" I don't mean it in it's literal term, I mean it as "I'm going to use some things from the maritime theme in this map".