Highpass [Alpha] [Open]

Discussion in 'Orphaned Maps Repository' started by Psy, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Highpass [Alpha] [Closed]

Highpass: The KoTH map that never was. (Sort of)

It comes in three delicious flavours:

• Flavour A is the version submitted for the 72 hour contest back in July(?) 2011.
    • Flavour B is a newer version of Flavour A but with a redesigned middle area. (Screenshots 1 to 5)
    • Flavour C is a newer version of Flavour B with some aesthetic changes; some good, some downright terrible. This one also features a refined layout which has neither been completed or playtested. (Screenshot 6)

It's up to you, [INSERT AUTHOR NAME HERE], to decide how you want to mix and match these three different flavours together. Everything between the three versions *should* line up perfectly, so you can copy the more pleasing stuff directly from Flavour B to Flavour A using the magic of Paste Special.

I've included the three VMFs, the last playable version (A2), and the few custom materials which I used.

Do with it what you will but give me credit, yeah?

Make me proud, dammit.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  2. theharribokid

aa theharribokid

Positive Ratings:
    Really enjoyed this map, hope this gets picked up by someone

3. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    I might pick this up, who knows. Would be a shame to see this not completed.

Heck, why not. It'll be fun to artpass something in desert :p

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    I agree, it was a fun map. Good materials too, I'll probably use them elsewhere if that's alright.

5. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Yep. That's fine. They're available somewhere on the site anyways.

6. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    I might take a look at this one.

7. sitebender

sitebender L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    This already looks good from the screen shots. Like there is a good use for rocket jumping. Maybe that's why its highpass, because the koth is so high only jumpers can get to it? Anyway, just speculation on my part since I can't play it at the moment. It does conjure up interesting ideas I haven't thought of before with a KOTH.

>> edit >> The is definitely a good to great map or at least the almost finished point of it. Good stuff. It feels like viaduct with a higher point even if it doesn't look like Viaduct. Good work on what was already done.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  8. Deodorant

Deodorant L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    My computer died and with it did Crude and now I feel more like building on top of a competent mapper's efforts than starting over from scratch. This map looks fun, mind if I take it and shit all over it?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Lenny

Lenny L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like Hydro. That's good. I might download this, but I'm kinda iffy about how I'd balance it out.

10. Bloodhound

Bloodhound L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings: