Hiello! Me is a new person on this url web

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
welcome! If you want feedback on your maps, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the showcase forum - make sure to include lots of pictures, maybe an overhead picture so people can see what is going on.

To take better screenshots of your map, open the developer console and type these commands

sv_cheats 1 (allows you to use certain commands)
cl_drawhud 0 (removes your HUD: health, class icon, etc)
r_drawviewmodel 0 (makes your weapon invisible)

for taking an overhead shot, use fog_override 1 if you have fog in your map, so people can see the whole layout.

From the one screenshot you have in the download thread, I can see there's a good use of height advantage in the map, which is promising - maybe you'd want to submit it for a gameday?

I noticed, also that the map seems quite dark in places, especially on the middle with the barrels on it. Also, a piano outside next to some barrels? Doesn't make MUCH sense :p
Concerning your textures - it's confusing to people if everything is that blue square texture. Search for reflect and use the white square dev textures for cliff walls, and use a grey dev texture for the floor.

B00M92

L1: Registered
Feb 6, 2011
Two questions Bermuda Cake, what do you mean by height advantage? and whats gameday?

Last edited:

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
The title got me.

Gameday - tf2maps runs community tests regularily (check events in forum) where you can submit your maps
Height advantage - a team that has easy access to high grounds has it all much easier

Anyway, welcome

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
oh, so you have a late birthday