Hi from Simiancage!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Devilfish, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Devilfish

Devilfish L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    As one of the Founders of Simiancage online games community I thought id drop by say hi and to let you all know we have a:-

Dedicated 33 players server @ 83.142.226.201:27065 >Join Here<

Running your contest map pack, there is also a ingame map rate that will give anyone interested a view of how the maps are going, it can also be viewed here
    hlstatsx_ce can be found here
    I have also added a ingame advert and ingame weblink to point players in the direction of http://plrctf.tf2maps.net/ so they can officially rate the maps.

The map line up looks very good and will be checking them all out in due course myself.
    Good luck to all the mappers.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  2. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome to TF2maps, i'm sure all the contest entrants and admins here appreciate the extra support you are providing. It wont take them long to come along and thank you themselves i'm sure.

3. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome!

New custom map servers are always good :)

4. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    The server uses stock spawn times right? Because modified spawn times will fuck up any real map testing.

5. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome!

6. Devilfish

Positive Ratings:
    Stock timers :) this server normally runs a wide range of custom maps and was changed to stock timers a fair while back due to the time taken by mappers to balance there maps with proper spawn times. It is however at the moment only running the map pack.
    class cap to 4 on each class or they turn into sniper/spy fest.
    everything else is admin related sourcemod.

Im sure this has most probably been posted already but we have found plr_scoville is missing textures in levels 2 & 3, this is on a nix raq centos os.

Update * where actualy getting a few maps with missing textures, has anyone else tested these maps on a linux box?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  7. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    They are not "missing" textures. They are just developer textures used before the art pass is made. Not all of our entrants made it that far.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Devilfish

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the reply I just wish valve would fix the particle bug, we had to drop glacier a while back due to the mappers custom particle effects, obviously were not removing any maps with custom particles from the map pack but its dammed annoying.

9. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
  10. Wegason

Wegason L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey Dev, glad to see your running the contest maps.

SimianCage are a great UK community that has a dedicated custom map server that is nearly always full in the evenings.

Welcome to TF2maps.net

• Thanks Thanks x 1