Hi everybody!

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
Hey all, I'm new to this forum (I actually joined some time ago but never really used it, must've needed it for a download or some nonsense). Let me bore you with my life's story for any parties who are interested.

This forum is full of people who found Team Fortress 2 one way or another. Some people bought it with The Orange Box, some people were told about it from a friend, some people hail from the olden days of QuakeWorld Team Fortress and have followed the series ever since.

I started with Team Fortress Classic, a game I still fervently play today. I loved the high-flying, fast-paced action, the teamwork (or lack thereof), the maps. I loved everything from the menu screen to the Black Mesa Intercom announcer. I loved the "HYAH!" you made when you jumped.

But the one thing I probably loved most of all, and forgive me if this sounds nerdy, was the mapping system. TFC used a powerful entity known as info_tfgoal which allowed for all kinds of things - flags, powerups, ammo pickups, you could customize messages, sounds, models, respawn time, it was amazing.

With these powerful entities came many unique fun maps such as "escape" maps (where you and your teammates solved puzzles to escape, often accompanied by a story and some boss fights), sports remakes, and much more. One of my idols of Team Fortress Classic is Axl - you may know him now by his TF2 server. Well, he used to run a TFC one and his maps were truly inspirational to me.

All things must come to an end, and TFC is getting on in years. There are still some great servers around and some very intelligent people I enjoy playing with, but I've decided to try and make a name for myself in the growing fanbase of Team Fortress 2. Some people absolutely hate what Valve has done to the series, but I kind of enjoy the change of pace. :)

So I've come here, hoping to learn from other TF2 mappers, and possibly help them too. So yeah. Hi.

Queops

L2: Junior Member
Apr 30, 2008
Preeeetty nice introduction. It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm sure we will prove usefull to you, and you to us.

Good to have you on board.