Hi all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by uma plata, Jan 20, 2009.

1. uma plata

uma plata L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I decided to register here because I'm a huge map enthusiast, I think they're the heart and soul of TF2. I'm always pushing admins on the servers I play to include customs as much as possible

I also hope to get into mapping myself in the near future, I have some ideas I think are very good, I just need to put the work in and flesh them out

I would say the one thing TF2 needs to grow as a game is more variety in modes. Payload was well executed, Arena is fun as an occasional distraction, but there is a ton of opportunity for new modes, and I think the community can make a significant contribution in that regard

Thanks for reading - see you around

Oh, and I've got to give some shoutouts for customs that I really dig:

Frontier
    Cashworks
    Hoodoo
    Freight
    Aerospace
    Great Heights

These all rock

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  2. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    Hey! Good to see people who like customs! They pave the way for the next big hit, after all!

This is the place-to-be to find consistant quality customs after all. Unlike some other FPSBananna, which is pretty sporadic with it's quality of maps.

And yeah, watch out! There are at least 2 game modes actively being created and pursued here. The Dom style came from a certain member named TheBladeRoten if you've played Canalzone.

3. uma plata

uma plata L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have played Canalzone, and I like it a lot. I think we could use a couple more dom maps

4. Shadow Monkey

Shadow Monkey Super Monkey

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome.....I like that customs, too!