Hey - Really New Mapper Here

mdpenguino

L1: Registered
Jan 4, 2015
Hey tf2mapping community. I started mapping a couple of days ago and from what I've learnt already Hammer seems to be a reliable but temperamental tool. But I can see from other introduce yourself posts that the community here is really nice and friendly. I hope that I can emulate that. I'll be around for any help, but at this stage I'm not sure what help I could offer, and also asking questions about any upcoming map!

Thanks in advance!

-mdpenguino

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Hey tf2mapping community. I started mapping a couple of days ago and from what I've learnt already Hammer seems to be a reliable but temperamental tool. But I can see from other introduce yourself posts that the community here is really nice and friendly. I hope that I can emulate that. I'll be around for any help, but at this stage I'm not sure what help I could offer, and also asking questions about any upcoming map!

Thanks in advance!

-mdpenguino

Welcome to the community!

I usually give two pieces of advice for people who want to do TF2 mapping (or working with source in general).

1) RUN AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN.
2) Hammer is unstable, and source isn't that powerful now (compared to other engines). But treat it right, and she'll make you wonderful things.