1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Hey Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AltF4Destroy, Feb 8, 2011.

1. AltF4Destroy

AltF4Destroy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey Everyone-

Officially joined TF2Maps.net today (even though I've had this account for quite a while, haven't really used it yet). Wanted to drop by and say hi, and explain a couple projects I've got goin' on!

For the most part, I've been teaching myself how to use SDK. I've used some YouTube videos along the way, and have had some help from my friends, but for the most part it's all self-explained for me. I believe that rather than looking things up, it's better to fool around with some settings and see if you can get the answer on your own. Not only does that prompt the brain to remember functions and stuff like that, but it'll teach you how to think outside the box with techniques, etc.

I've over-viewed many maps that have come out of TF2Maps.net, and they're fantastic. The construction props that were released not too long ago are very helpful as I continue my dreams of becoming a "semi-proffesional" map maker.

I've been working on a map for quite a while now, entitled "cp_captest" which I hope to become a good "orange" map in the future (keeps the idea of "orange" maps, but makes them more 'unique'). I look forward to getting tips from proffesional map makers, editors, scripters, etc. in terms of how I can improve :D

Thanks all for creating such an amazing community... can't wait to get started with it!

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Hey There! Welcome to the forums, if you ever can't teach yourself something, check out our tutorial thread over here

And if you ever feel like chatting it up with other commnuity members, just pop into chat and say hi

3. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome AltF4Destroy!

I'm sure you will be able to find what you need from our rather large tutorial forum. You might also want to jump in the chat and ask questions there.

P.S. Fozen grrr... stealing my prefabs

4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    I'm cool cause I type mine out by hand :)