Hey Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HyBr!d, Nov 21, 2009.

1. HyBr!d

HyBr!d L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    My name is Wouter, also know as HyBrid while playing TF2. Decided to give mapping for TF2 a go since Modern Warfare 2 doesn't come with modding tools anymore. Also I like the challenge of learning to mod for a new game, I'm curious to see how much it differs from the radiant editor. Started making maps with radiant when call of duty 1 was released (my horribly first map is still somewhere on codfiles). But I didn't gave up and got an understanding of how radiant works. In case you're curious here are some screenshots of my most recent work:

Modern Warfare:

World at War:

I'm looking forward to make maps for TF2 and be a part of this modding community :)

2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome! Those maps looks boss. However, you will find that hammer does things diffidently but you will catch on quickly.

3. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, welcome. We get new people here everyday so just ask any questions you may have (but do try the search function before posting ;))

Those pictues look sweet, on the otherhand I've never touched that editor so can't say much more than that!

Have fun in hammer.

4. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Have fun here and on hammer.
    Also how does radiant work i tried it with doom3 and was hopeless (my d3's broke now :( )

5. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome!

Those pictures look really nice :)

6. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    Nice maps you got there ;)

7. HyBr!d

HyBr!d L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the welcome! To answer gamemaster1996 question: From what I can see they both have the same basic functionality for editing and making brushes. The 3d camera movement is different though, took me some time to get used to. I also keep on using the radiant hotkeys, so it isn't going really smooth yet :blushing:

8. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    oh wow, im very impressed, I wanna try mapping for COD now XD. I cant wait to see what comes from you.

9. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome!