Hey All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Stormcaller3801, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Stormcaller3801

Stormcaller3801 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey folks. I'm just getting started on all this mapping stuff, following along various tutorials and putting together some premades for my first map. After digging through the SDK wiki and a couple other sites I ended up here looking for information on my latest hurdle: decent lighting. Only time will tell if you're stuck with me or not.

In the interest of showing off, here's what I've got so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I figure I'm not doing too bad for someone who opened Hammer for the first time two days ago.

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Heeeey. You're named after my map! :p

3. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Hi and welcome to TF2Maps.net Stormcaller3801! :D

If you need help with Entities download this. Don't worry about making it pretty just yet. However, feel free to sign up for gameday for some good testing. Gamedays are on Fridays in the euro server and Saturday/Sunday in the U.S. server.If you have any other questions, there is usually someone in Steam chat who can help. Welcome to the group!

Lastly don't forget!
    Does it help?
    Do you agree?
    Make you laugh?
    The quickest way to express yourself:[​IMG]

4. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome to the community! and a great start for sure.

5. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome!

6. Stormcaller3801

Stormcaller3801 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the welcomes guys.

I haven't quite gotten to entities of yet- at least not the ones displayed in that link. At this point I'm just putting together terrain. I figure if I can get the spawn rooms set up and some of the other basic bits of terrain, then I can convert them all into Premades and drop them into the final map- at which point I can start doing map-specific things like setting up the capture points, locking/unlocking doors and triggering forward respawn rooms.

If I'm lucky, by the time I get to that I'll be comfortable with Hammer and be able to not only mesh all the bits together, but also tweak older bits to make sure it all looks right.