Help

Feb 14, 2008
OK, first the backstory.

After coming back from a weekend without using the computer, the graphics card suddenly busted and no longer works so I have to use hardware gfx. It can run both Hammer and Team Fortress 2, although I can't play matches online with TF2 because it's all too much for the little thing.

Then, a week later the old gfx card springs into life for a few hours and then breaks again. However, this allowed us to find what card we had (the broken one)- a Radeon X3000. When we install the driver and find that it doesn't work.

Soon after, the computer will only load in safe mode, and so on the adivce of the internet, I disabled the intel one and enabled the radeon one but it still doesn't work.

I change the settings back but now:
- TF2 crashes after the intro video
- Hammer crashes after the splash screen
- Neither faceposer or modelviewer work

I just tried to load Hammer manually and it says somethign about missing texture systems. After loading a map it says Hammer is missing a wireframe texture.

I don't know what to do.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
try saving everything you want to keep, then uninstall the sdk and TF2 and then reinstall them. if youre missing a texture that should get it back. unless it has to do with your graphics card problems

Feb 14, 2008
That's what we're planning to do at the moment of a sort, which is actually reinstall windows (a second time), it worked when we had sound problems and will probably work for this as well.

I'll try that though for SDK (all my stuff is saved in the TF2 file)

DrHaphazard

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 6, 2008
I am not sure what all TF2 gets rid of when you uninstall. To be on the safe side, if you havent done all this already, I would suggest saving your mapping stuff in a folder outside of your Steam folder tree altogether.

Feb 14, 2008
I just backupped all my maps and reinstalled Source SDk. I load it, the splash screen appears, it flashes in the taskbar and... closes.