Help?!

BaNaNa

L1: Registered
Feb 19, 2008
My map is pretty much finished... one problem. It doesnt run. Here is log... please help

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
use this link

http://www.interlopers.net/index.php?page=errorshttp://www.interlopers.net/index.php?page=errors

It will not that..

Found query in 5 errors: ( Link to this list )

* **** leaked ****
* Entity some_entity (x y z-coordinates) leaked!
* FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (x,y,z-coordinates)
* Error! prop_static using model "some/model.mdl", which must be used on a dynamic entity (i.e. prop_physics). Deleted.
* Error loading studio model "some/model.md"!

You've got a few different errors. For better help, post the .vmf

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Theres the VMF. Much updated from last time... Post ideas too please

? Editing post? do not see the .vmf posted/uploaded.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Going through it now, fixing the errors, I'll reupload it when it runs again.

so far the only errors you have have been entity's out in the void *lights* and walls not touching so it would cause a leak.

The way to find a leak is. File>run map. When run map is complete go to Map>Load Pointfile.

You now have a red line on your screen/map. Follow it fix the problem.

So far biggest problem is you have snap grid off, which is a big no,no. to turn it bad on click SHIFT+W.

EDIT:

Sorry bud, spent the last 30 mins fixing leaks.. there is only 3 ways of fixing all the leaks *i did up to 11*
1. Rebuild the map with snap-to-grid
2. build a big skybox around it, *will make the map run, but bad style and drops fps and such
3. fix the leaks. would take you a long while.
----------

I personally wouldn't release this. As a first map i think you went over your head as far as you skipped the basic brushwork and went to break walls and triggers heh =)
First maps generally as a rule are never released, hell could even hurt. The last thing you want for people to remember when you release a second/third map is people to remember how your first one looked.. and hence overlook your newest =(

We had a thread here a bit ago, avg mapper does about 5+ maps before ever releasing one. Not because anyone is perfect, but there is SO much to learn in hammer it takes about that in time lol. Heck i can't tell you the amount of hours i have logged in hammer and GTKRadient and still learn something each time i open them up.

As a first map you did well, a bit much, but very well. Providing you take my critique the right way i can't wait for the second or third map!!

Last edited:

BaNaNa

L1: Registered
Feb 19, 2008
Haha. Thanks man. I didnt really plan on releasing it. I have a couple guys in my clan who just started mapping and so, we show off our maps, but thats all. I had build things unsnapped to grid before and it ran... dang. Well, thanks for the help. 2 maps down, 3 to go before I release! haha. Thanks for the help.