Help?!

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by BaNaNa, Feb 24, 2008.

1. BaNaNa

BaNaNa L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    My map is pretty much finished... one problem. It doesnt run. Here is log... please help

2. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    use this link

http://www.interlopers.net/index.php?page=errorshttp://www.interlopers.net/index.php?page=errors

It will not that..

You've got a few different errors. For better help, post the .vmf

3. BaNaNa

Positive Ratings:
    Theres the VMF. Much updated from last time... Post ideas too please

4. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    ? Editing post? do not see the .vmf posted/uploaded.

5. BaNaNa

Positive Ratings:
  6. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Going through it now, fixing the errors, I'll reupload it when it runs again.

so far the only errors you have have been entity's out in the void *lights* and walls not touching so it would cause a leak.

The way to find a leak is. File>run map. When run map is complete go to Map>Load Pointfile.

You now have a red line on your screen/map. Follow it fix the problem.

So far biggest problem is you have snap grid off, which is a big no,no. to turn it bad on click SHIFT+W.

EDIT:

Sorry bud, spent the last 30 mins fixing leaks.. there is only 3 ways of fixing all the leaks *i did up to 11*
    1. Rebuild the map with snap-to-grid
    2. build a big skybox around it, *will make the map run, but bad style and drops fps and such
    3. fix the leaks. would take you a long while.
    ----------

I personally wouldn't release this. As a first map i think you went over your head as far as you skipped the basic brushwork and went to break walls and triggers heh =)
    First maps generally as a rule are never released, hell could even hurt. The last thing you want for people to remember when you release a second/third map is people to remember how your first one looked.. and hence overlook your newest =(

We had a thread here a bit ago, avg mapper does about 5+ maps before ever releasing one. Not because anyone is perfect, but there is SO much to learn in hammer it takes about that in time lol. Heck i can't tell you the amount of hours i have logged in hammer and GTKRadient and still learn something each time i open them up.

As a first map you did well, a bit much, but very well. Providing you take my critique the right way i can't wait for the second or third map!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  7. BaNaNa

Positive Ratings:
    Haha. Thanks man. I didnt really plan on releasing it. I have a couple guys in my clan who just started mapping and so, we show off our maps, but thats all. I had build things unsnapped to grid before and it ran... dang. Well, thanks for the help. 2 maps down, 3 to go before I release! haha. Thanks for the help.