Help with Stickies

TF2 - FTW!

L1: Registered
Aug 23, 2009
I just started (five hours ago) a small cp map which changes its layout after every control point is captured, but recent pre-vis-optimization testing made me realize stickies bounce off func_movelinear and func_door brushes, also tried parenting other funcs, with same result.
What can I do? disencourage use of demomen?

I'd rather not use any models (apart from lockers, a couple louders and some lights).

Thanks in advance (even if your answer was "mail the dev team")

TF2 mapper

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
There is a workaround for it but the stickies will remain in the same position that they landed on the moving platform even when the platform moves away essentially leaving stickies floating everywhere.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
trigger_vphysics_motion with rotationl/movement speed caps very low, filtered using a filter_activator_class set to tf_projectile_pipe_remote (if I remember right, awkwardly long entity name).
The t_v_m should be 1 unit larger than the entity you want them to stick to. The resulting effect is when the sticky reaches the object it becomes frozen in space because it hits an artificial physics speed limit.

If you do not have access to trigger_vphysics_motion, see my sig.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
You parent a prop_dynamic model to the moving object and set it's render mode to 'Don't Render'. But, like I said, the stickies will remain the exact same position as they were placed despite the platform moving.