help with odd leak

Apr 14, 2013
I have a leak in my map (according to the compile list of errors) but when I open the pointfile, the red poinfile line passes through my skybox and the nodraw.
library

So there isn't a leak, but hammer thinks there is one, so all the water and light reflections and errors that a leak causes, happen when I try to compile. Does someone know what is the problem, and how to fix it?

duppy

L1: Registered
Feb 16, 2012
Does the error log say something like this?

Code:
Entity trigger_hurt (5632.00 -7552.00 896.00) leaked!

If so, make sure the origin or center point of the entity is not outside in the void.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Check to make sure the brush isn't a func_detail or something.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
prop_static's still have an origin which is the 3 lines you see when selecting it. Those 3 lines should be in the map.

Toxindude

L3: Member
Aug 2, 2012
Just to add a side note. I have found sometimes that when I have a leak outside my map and there is no visual reason. It is usually a ENT center origin somehow got dragged out side the skybox.

Glad you found a solution :)

Ægg

L1: Registered
May 17, 2011
Another completely random reason you can have a leak through a solid object is if part of your map is beyond the red circle (indicating the center of the 3D view) in the 2D views. I don't know why it happens but I've had a boxed-in map leak because of it before.

Took me ages to figure it out, since it leaked in some compiles and another compile after no changes didn't leak.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
That's a radius coordon, they added that in the latest sdk update. There is a toolbar button to toggle that. And you can adjust the radius in the preferences.

Apr 14, 2013
Another completely random reason you can have a leak through a solid object is if part of your map is beyond the red circle (indicating the center of the 3D view) in the 2D views. I don't know why it happens but I've had a boxed-in map leak because of it before.

Took me ages to figure it out, since it leaked in some compiles and another compile after no changes didn't leak.

So that is the reason!
My red circle wasn't circling the whole map, and the nodraw brushes were probably already moved to the world.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Just disable radius culling.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Did you check if there's actually a gap there? That's what it looks like to me.