Help with eyeboss

killjoy64

L1: Registered
Jul 16, 2017
Good morning all!

I have been having alot of problems with the eyeboss in a map im trying to make. I have it set that everytime this one control point is captured, eyeboss spawns. Everything works except when he spawns, he is in a spell version of himself (example here) after he spawns, he almost always spawns blue, and then disappears after a couple seconds.

How would i get him to spawn his actual form (example here)
Thank you in advance for anyone trying to help

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
How are you exactly trying to trigger it to be awoken?

For example this is how i do it in my maps:

Create eyeball_boss entity. It doesnt exist by default, so you get odd looking view. You need to add few values to it:

Key: targetname
Value: eye_spawn
Click Add

Then add one more:

Key: teamnum
Value: 5
Click Add

Create point_template and name it eyeball_spawn and to Template1 you put eye_spawn.

Create logic_relay and name it relay_eyeball. To that output, you put "OnTrigger eyeball_spawn ForceSpawn" to their respective slots (My Output, Target Entity, Target input)

What happens here is, on trigger, your logic_relay will spawn point_template called eye_spawn and it spawns from the eyeball_boss entity location. So, make sure you trigger the logic_relay on point capture for this to work.

Also, i'm not sure if this is still required but you may need to add somewhere 2 entities, prop_dynamic models/props_halloween/halloween_demoeye.mdl and prop_dynamic models/props_halloween/eyeball_projectile.mdl - make sure they start disabled and place them anywhere on your map to cache the models up.

killjoy64

Jul 16, 2017
So i did what Dr.Orange said and added key teamnum at value 5 and it worked!!

I have eyeboss spawn when a point is captured. only problem is that he does not leave, the chat says monoculus is leaving in 10 seconds.

but after 10 seconds he does not leave, and i have the point set to reset every couple min (to have monoculus spawn every now and then.)

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
Create navigation mesh and it will leave.

EDIT

sv_cheats 1, nav_edit 1, nav_mark_walkable to anywhere in map, then nav_generate.

killjoy64

Jul 16, 2017
so i type nav_generate in console when the map loads, it reloads the map but there isnt anything when i type nav_edit 1
Console output below

Code:
Generating Navigation Mesh...
Sampling walkable space...
Creating navigation areas from sampled data...
Connecting navigation areas...
Merging navigation areas...
Finding hiding spots...DONE
Finding encounter spots...DONE
Finding sniper spots...DONE
Computing mesh visibility...
Optimizing mesh visibility...
NavMesh Visibility List Lengths:  min = 6, avg = 6, max = 6
Computing mesh visibility...DONE
Finding earliest occupy times...DONE
Start custom...
Post custom...
Custom game-specific analysis...DONE
Generation complete!  0.1 seconds elapsed.

EDIT

I didnt see your edit there, it works now!!! Thank you all for your help

Last edited: