Help with Bomb in Map? [TF2]

j0sh77

L1: Registered
Jul 19, 2010
In my map, I have a button in the middle building that drops a bomb on the skybox... I want it to fall faster and explode when it hits the ground... I don't know why it isnt working???

Here's a video of what I have (at 0:37 it goes to what i have in hammer)

I took the bomb from this map.

Jokerz123

Jan 29, 2009
put the bomb on a func_track and set the speed then set it to go off as it passes the last track.

j0sh77

Jul 19, 2010
I'm not all that skilled in hammer... I can never get tracks to work and and don't know how to get it to go off as it passes...

Jokerz123

Jan 29, 2009
basically its like the trains on cp_well. just vertical. also there is the output on the func_track that has an "OnPassed" trigger.

look up the trains on tf2 developer site and read how to do it.

Feb 18, 2009
Place a path_track where you want the bomb to start, and another at the bottom so that the bomb just touches the floor. change that func_physbox into a func_tracktrain and set the speed to something close to what you want (maybe start high, like 400. I don't know, I got that number from 32 ft/s/s which is accelaration due to gravity, and converted it to inches/s/s, but play around with that number). Parent the bomb to this brush entity. Also at the bottom, place an info_particle_system and put in the name of one of the particle systems used in the payload maps (they should be in the VDC, but you can also just open up one of the maps in hammer and have a look. They alll start with sdk_). Then to get it going, set the button to enable the prop and start the func_tracktrain forward. The go the path_track at the bottom and add an output disabling the model again (OnPassed...), and another to trigger the explosion particles.

j0sh77

Jul 19, 2010
I don't know if I'm missing something or what, but it spawns but never drops... I don't know...

Last edited: