(HELP) Texture Lighting Problems

Jester7272

L1: Registered
Apr 28, 2008
I'm having a problem with my textures being lit properly. When the map first spawns, the textures reflect the light normally. But when you go to switch or cycle through weapons, it becomes bright and distracting, but goes back to normal (reflecting light) when the weapon cycling menu goes away.

Also, it seems to only happen with wood and stone/cliff textures.

Here are some screen shots:

mydzscuxfh.jpg

vrgzwghknj.jpg

Is there a setting or entity that I need to keep this from happening. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. Thanks!

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
have you placed cubemaps? if so, have you built them ingame and then restarted your map?
thats a common issue.

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
might be that you have used some model (props) textures on brushes in your map. I once had the same problem with textures switching to total black and back to normal while running around. open the texture browser and look for "model" or "prop" in the filter with "Only used textures" checked and replace them.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
GarbageMan is right, its a model texture. Its models/props_minig/quarry by the looks of it. Saddly, there is no texture that looks like what you want, that I'm aware of at least.

To help in the future, when you need a texture, instead of typing "rock" in the filter type "nature/" (same goes for wood/ , metal/, etc). You do this because models are all "model/".

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Im not sure whats worse, the huge volume of identical threads and the lack of 'searching' or drpepper's responce :p (read: lol dp you n00b!)

tedrock

L2: Junior Member
Apr 20, 2008
the reason there are a lot of duplicate threads is one person calls what they see something completely different then what another does. there are no error messages or anything so it's hard to know what to search for.