[HELP] Round time issue + death camera + sound issue

mavadosh

L1: Registered
May 27, 2008
Hi, for my map its a payload, ive followed the valve tutorial on their website and it all works fine.

Just a few things.
SOLVED - When the round timer hits 0 seconds the Red team doesnt win, it just plays on

SOLVED - What do i use as the cameras for when people die and go into spectator mode, atm are set inside the bomb

SOLVED - When blue team wins, just as they win the siren that warns red the payload is near the end glithces repeating the first second as the bomb goes on the cap point, after that when the next round starts it goes back to normal again but it keeps going on through to the next round

This is the playable version, you can run it and see the problems ingame.
www.malicearmy.co.uk/compound/pl_compound_A3.zip

Last edited:

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
For the cameras, use the observer_point entity... can't help you with the other issues.

Pseudo

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 26, 2008
When the round timer hits 0 seconds the Red team doesnt win, it just plays on
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Game_round_win

When blue team wins, just as they win the siren that warns red the payload is near the end glithces repeating the first second as the bomb goes on the cap point, after that when the next round starts it goes back to normal again but it keeps going on through to the next round
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=2072#5
the logic_relay for the end CP has outputs to disable the capture area, and stop the train.

Also I added another path_track beyond the last one, even tough the cart never goes there.

Last edited:

psihomir

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 17, 2008
Yes, add an output to your team_round_timer like that:

Target: the game_round_win entity
When: OnFinished
Output: RoundWin

Make sure the game_round_win is set to give victory to Red.

Also, if you have a problem with Red automatically winning when the game starts, set "Restrict team from winning" to "Red" in its properties.

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
just curious, can you parent the camera? I dont have acces to SDK anymore untill my pc is done so...
Would be cool if you can parent the camera onto the bomb, that you will look from above the bomb

psihomir

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 17, 2008
Doesn't payload have a camera that follows the cart and is visible by both teams by default? It's like that in Goldrush :) Only it isn't locked to look at it from above, but instead it's a following free look.

mavadosh

L1: Registered
May 27, 2008
SOLVED

Im getting this error now and the map cant be run it crashes.
I dont no how to fix the error either.

It no longer crashes that was a different issue but its still a rpoblem

Code:
*** Error: Skybox vtf files for skybox/sky_dustbowl_01 weren't compiled with the same size texture and/or same flags!
Can't load skybox file skybox/sky_dustbowl_01 to build the default cubemap!
*** Error: Skybox vtf files for skybox/sky_dustbowl_01 weren't compiled with the same size texture and/or same flags!
Can't load skybox file skybox/sky_dustbowl_01 to build the default cubemap!

Last edited:

DasMatze

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2008
the map cant be run it crashes. [...] It no longer crashes
Does it crash now or not? The skybox thing is normal. You can ignore it (if it doesn't crash). The cubemaps must be built by yourself. Place env_cubemaps in your map (where reflective materials are (spytech floors, air duct-materials, ...), and after loading the map in the game, type "build cubemaps" into the console. But before you do that, turn off the specular or you will have the missing texture-texture on your cubemaps (type "mat_specular 0" into the console). Before releasing the map you should build cubemaps this way with activated and not activated hdr.

DasMatze