Help regarding using CP's as switches in a payload map. [Solved]

Luigi1000

L2: Junior Member
Dec 12, 2015
Hey everyone, got a bit of a technical question here for you. (May be a bit long but is detailed)

I'm trying to use Control Points in a payload map ive made to open/change flank paths so it makes it easier or harder to attack/defend the cart depending on which team has ownership of the cap.

However when I went to test it, blue cant cap the points at all (which are red ownership by default). I did some digging and found the source of the issue being the team_control_point_round entity which requires that the "Restrict team from winning" value be set to red (since blue is pushing the cart). If set to neither it works perfectly, but if any game_round_win entities are triggered it then causes tf2 to straight up crash (Same if set to blue, but if set to both, it has the same issue as if set to red).

So my first thought was to try to see if I could dynamically change which team to restrict from winning so I could fire an output to change it to red before the round win or time finished and hopefully avoid the problem, but no such luck. Next I tried to change the physical value of it using an addoutput to the team_control_point_round entity using its keyvalue of cpr_restrict_team_cap_win (which I got from turning off smart edit) to set to 2 (which is red), however that also didn't work at all. (To be fair I may have messed up the syntax of that one not sure how addoutput works for keyvalues)

So my question is does anyone have any possible ideas as to what I could do to get the Control Points working?

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
if you have less than 8 control points in your map already, you could probably have an invisable control point that is set to blu that doesnt show up on the hud, then you dont need to restrict any teams winning.

Luigi1000

Dec 12, 2015
if you have less than 8 control points in your map already, you could probably have an invisable control point that is set to blu that doesnt show up on the hud, then you dont need to restrict any teams winning.

I tested that out, but it seems that actually makes this more of a problem as when the point is added to the team_train_watcher and the team_control_point_round it causes blue to not be able to cap anymore.

I will keep looking for possible solutions.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
I tested that out, but it seems that actually makes this more of a problem as when the point is added to the team_train_watcher and the team_control_point_round it causes blue to not be able to cap anymore.

I will keep looking for possible solutions.

Have you tried not adding it to either? im no expert but that should stop blu from losing still.

Luigi1000

Dec 12, 2015
Have you tried not adding it to either? im no expert but that should stop blu from losing still.
I just was trying that out, and as I was doing it something hit me and boy do I feel stupid now.

I forgot to add the control points which control the switching of the paths to the team_control_point_round entity which is why it would block people from capping them. Anyways thanks for the help and the ideas to help me realize wtf I was doing wrong.

Might as well considered this closed for now since the problem has been solved.