Help Please!

Goosage

L1: Registered
Oct 17, 2008
when in hammer. all of the squares are black and i cant make any shapes or walls or props or anything, it says 2dtop/side/front and grid is toggled but it wont work. please help

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
what do you mean by "all the squares are black" do you mean the icons on left side of the screen?

T

The Asylum

In your top left window, it should say "Camera." Click that and select 3D Textured. I don't think that's Hammer's default setting.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
how do you usually try to put brushes onto the black boxes?

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
in the top left corner of each black box what does it say?

Goosage

Oct 17, 2008
it says camera, top(x/y), Front(y/z), Side (x,z)
i hit the white box on the left and drag and drop on the square but nothing happens

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Hmmm, well first check the box on the top that is three to the left of the green leaf. You'll need that to see some displacements and props.

the only other thing I can think of to fix your problem is to go into the folder with hammer.
(i.e. C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\(Your Steam ID)\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin) and set it so that it runs in a compatibility mode. I had to do that for mine to work. I had to set mine to Windows XP SP2, but I'm running Vista so I'm not sure if this'll help or not.

Goosage

Oct 17, 2008
lol umm... not sure.. its not "fixed" but when ever i open it i just close it and launch it again and it works