Help please hammer is dead!! T_t

Hunky Manslave

L1: Registered
Aug 25, 2009
Ok so i'll keeps this short. When i open source Sdk and try to start Hammer it comes up with a message that i don't have the right gameinfo.txt. I did all i could and managed to fix this however the next time i opened hammer i got bombarded by pop ups which said that all my materials and tools had gone missing. I have tried every thing from reinstalling SDK, reinstalling steam to downright resetting my computer. What else can i try? This plague has destroyed all my SDks on my other computers too.

Feb 17, 2009
Have you played TF2 after the update? If no, than launch it, and than try to launch SDK.

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
And to explain why this happened to all the other sdks is because Valve re-structured their directorys a few times. Just launching each game should fix it. If not, post back.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Sucks to be you. I had that problem, initially, and after verifying + reinstalling hammer 3 times and screwing around with the settings for effing AGES, i finally got it to work by changing OS and restarting from scratch. And yes, I did have hammer on a computer that I didn't change the OS of, for comparison. No Valve patch.

You are so so screwed. The only solution left is to commit suicide, leaving all your possessions to tf2maps of course.