Help please hammer is dead!! T_t

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hunky Manslave, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Hunky Manslave

Hunky Manslave L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Ok so i'll keeps this short. When i open source Sdk and try to start Hammer it comes up with a message that i don't have the right gameinfo.txt. I did all i could and managed to fix this however the next time i opened hammer i got bombarded by pop ups which said that all my materials and tools had gone missing. I have tried every thing from reinstalling SDK, reinstalling steam to downright resetting my computer. What else can i try? This plague has destroyed all my SDks on my other computers too.

2. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    Have you played TF2 after the update? If no, than launch it, and than try to launch SDK.

3. Exist

Exist L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    And to explain why this happened to all the other sdks is because Valve re-structured their directorys a few times. Just launching each game should fix it. If not, post back.

4. Numerous

Numerous L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sucks to be you. I had that problem, initially, and after verifying + reinstalling hammer 3 times and screwing around with the settings for effing AGES, i finally got it to work by changing OS and restarting from scratch. And yes, I did have hammer on a computer that I didn't change the OS of, for comparison. No Valve patch.

You are so so screwed. The only solution left is to commit suicide, leaving all your possessions to tf2maps of course.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Hunky Manslave

Hunky Manslave L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    lol thanks for the replies dudes i finally got it working