Help on Last Point

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
gWT766N.jpg

I need help here, on Heatwave, the last point seems to easy to capture for blue. All it really takes is a heavy/medic combo to walk in and fuck everyone up and having no chance of red defending it effectively.

Sep 19, 2010
Maybe raise all the ground on the left side of that screen shot so it's even with the high ground? It seems like there isn't really any area for Red to actually hold besides that little chunk. I guess I don't remember Blu rolling that much last time I played.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
Maybe raise all the ground on the left side of that screen shot so it's even with the high ground? It seems like there isn't really any area for Red to actually hold besides that little chunk. I guess I don't remember Blu rolling that much last time I played.

Well, the main issue I've noticed with some bots as a practice, is that all sentry placement areas are open to sniper shots, or rockets from a direct hit, giving the engineer no time to actually protect the sentry gun, and gets leveled in literally seconds.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Add a train rocket. Everyone loves trains rockets.

--

I'm not the best person to talk about final points, but try and make at least one obvious sentry nest where a single sentry can set up without being seen by blu before they arrive at the area so they can't just rock up and take it down with no trouble.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
Don't underestimate the power of tweaking spawn times, one or two seconds change to either team can seriously effect the flow of a contested point.

My general preference is to lower spawn times as much as possible because everyone hates not playing the game. You just have to be careful to avoid turning it into a spammy grind.

Adding more space might work too, stretch that fighting area up and to the right to make it a slightly longer run for offense.. like 256 units or so.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
A lot of people have been saying that this area needs a height variation. After going through several designs, this is the best on I came up with:

2014-07-13_00001.jpg