Help needed with a train on my map

Ianfran

L1: Registered
Mar 25, 2020
So im working on trains in my map that have flatcars and whenever you stand on one of those flatcars you get stuck in between the invisible wall and one of the cars, stopping the train and blocking the team from passing. How does one make the player get crushed between a car and the invisible wall like seen in Mossrock?
I don't feel like removing the flatcars all together on my trains.

Pdan4

Still trying to add
aa
Nov 25, 2013
You'll want a trigger_hurt parented to the tracktrain.

Ianfran

Mar 25, 2020
I have one in the front of the train, but what i mean is like getting crushed by the other cars while standing on a flatcar.
Just incase you still don't understand, this is what i mean
(pardon the poor illustration)
You can see in the image that the train gets stuck in between one of the cars and the invisible wall which stops the train

Attachments

• tf2 map illustration.png
    tf2 map illustration.png
    9 KB · Views: 195

Fakerac

Apr 21, 2020
I have one in the front of the train, but what i mean is like getting crushed by the other cars while standing on a flatcar.
Just incase you still don't understand, this is what i mean
(pardon the poor illustration)
You can see in the image that the train gets stuck in between one of the cars and the invisible wall which stops the train
you are using playerclips for your invisible wall right? It should probably crush the player then. If it isn't, you can always for now use a hacky solution like putting a trigger_hurt in that spot that gets activated for a very short amount of time to get rid of any players, also I'm not sure if this is still the same in tf2, but in HL2 there's a flag "Unblockable by player" for func_tracktrain

Ianfran

Mar 25, 2020
So i just found out that theres a "Damage on Crush" value on func_tracktrain, which basically solved my problem, although thanks for helping me out.