Help Needed: Creating a special garage door from Well/Mossrock [Solved]

JackHundeswald

L2: Junior Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hello creators! I am currently working on a small map, featuring a garage that I want to open and close. The standard door works as intended, except that it goes too high and moves itself over the small building. I then thought of the large doors featured on well and cp_mossrock, and wanted to know how to make one. I tried looking at the existing ones, but can't figure out how it works. If anyone knew their secret, that would help me a lot.

and if you know how to prevent light from entering the room when the door is closed ( which I presume you can't because of how light is baked), would be nice. feel free to ignore this part

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
if youre using ABS' prefabs try using the Slide Large/Small Animated ones

if you aren't using ABS' prefabs, I'd suggest doing so cause it makes things a lot easier lol

JackHundeswald

Jul 17, 2019
okay, thanks, I realised I didn't install it on my current machine.
I'll keep this post open in case someone finds out how to block lighting from coming in the building with the closed door

JackHundeswald

Jul 17, 2019
I thought so. I'll try using those invisible brushes, similar to Area portal, if it works

Pinsplash

bad bad bad
May 8, 2016
there's a texture for blocking light called toolsblocklight

JackHundeswald

Jul 17, 2019
[UPDATE] So they said it couldn't be done. but I did it. well, not this. I used a door and light blocking textures, but I also was able to setup a simple lightswitch that turns the room's light on and off. That's dynamic enough for me. I also had buttons turn on and off a TV, with textures changing.

you just have to experiment constantly.