Help, I'm off to a horrible start.

Nyne

L1: Registered
Jun 20, 2012
I thought it would be fun to start mapping. However, Hammer didn't open up without its share of problems. First being it only shows one window in the editor, however I see everyone else having four. I tried "Autosize 4 views", and that did nothing. Also, in the messages box, it says:

File c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\nyned\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\tf.fdg, line 1316: expected @
File c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\nyned\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\tf.fdg, line 1318: expected identifier after @
File c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\nyned\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\tf.fdg, line 1318: unrecognized section name @

I don't even know what that means. I feel like the problems will be simple once someone points out what they are. If this is the wrong place to ask questions, well please point me in the direction of the right place.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Each view window has a little drop-down menu on the top left corner which appear as text indicating what setting the camera is at (e.g. 2D side). Click on that and you can change the view of each window. "Autosize 4 views" just makes all the windows the same size.

The other problem you can ignore. It doesn't affect anything.

Nyne

Jun 20, 2012
How do I get more windows to view with at once? I can change the one, but I can't have more than one.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Oh sorry, I misread. My bad.

Check if you can drag the edges of the window along; the other windows might just be hiding (they tend to do that). If you can't do that because there genuinely ARE no other windows, go to Tools > Options > General and untick "Use independent window configurations", click OK and restart Hammer. If it's already unticked, tick it and untick it. Then restart the program.

Nyne

Jun 20, 2012
Thanks Jeremy, that got the windows appearing. This can be locked or whatever needs to be done.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Blame the message window error on Valve, they have a stray ] in their tf2.fgd file. Feel free to fix it yourself, it is easy.