Help, I seem to be mentally challenged

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by GrimGriz, Feb 9, 2009.

1. GrimGriz

GrimGriz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I can't seem to get this thing -
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=69593
    working. In fact, i can't even find where to adjust the config...and when I made my own config file and put those config things in there...nothing fabulous happened.

Interestingly, if I type the sm_help in console with the right number, sm_maprate shows up in the list of commands...but when I type sm_maprate it says it's an unknown command.

I did that part, and then i moved the smx file to the plugin place where all the other smx files were also. Then I also tried dl-ing the .sp file into the scripting folder, since I saw there was a bunch of .sp files in there.

this is the text i saved as plugin.maprate.cfg and then as maprate.cfg in the cfg/sourcemod folder
    but after doing that and restarting i still got all teh unknown command whatsit.

So...if anyone has any ideas/experience to share, I'd love to see them.

2. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    No offense, but that's good. The less windows that pop up in my face and prompt me to press a number key - making me have to use my crappy mouse wheel instead of my keys to select weapons - the better.

3. GrimGriz

GrimGriz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    don't worry, when it's working i'm just going to have an advertisement that says:
    type !maprate to rate the current map

so there won't be anything forcing you to press a number key :)