HELP - Holiday map needs first aid

NoHeroes

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2008
I've tried contacting the author of this map:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/41923

but got no response.

Here's the problem:

We're running a special holiday server until Christmas that features this map, and it's proving very popular. Unfortunately, it's also proving very crash-prone.

For some reason, the map crashes the server VERY often after a team wins a round. I've even tried running the map on a pure vanilla server, and it still crashes. I've tried everything I can think of (even checked if sudden death had something to do with it - nope).

Is it even possible for someone to take a look at another author's map to find what's wrong? If so, could one of the resident Guru's take a look?

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
Im a friend of his. (steam wise, not in RL.) Im moderately sure that though he plays a little more, I dont think he maps anymore. I have seen him at our Gamedays more recently though.

Just from looking at the screenies I think I can take a guess at why it (and a large number of custom maps) crashes.
Too big, too open, and when you have a full server with 32 people its too much for the server to handle sometimes.
He would have to do a buttload of optimization to make it work... I dont think its going to happen, unfortunately.