Help - Gametype

Zimius

L1: Registered
Oct 20, 2010
First of all, did i post this in the right section? :blushing:

And now for the real deal, I'm busy making a gametype which is found in many other games and i found suitable for TF2. It's like oddball in halo, if you have the ball (intelligence) you'll gain points. BUT, how basic it is, it won't work :facepalm:

I have 5 entities with the following settings:
1- item_teamflag (The ball)
Class info:
Name: Ball
Game Type: CTF
Team: Any
Return time: 10 seconds

Outputs:
Untitled1.png

2- tf_gamerules
Name: tf_gamerules
Hud Type: CTF HUD
CTF Overtime: Yes

No outputs.

And 3, 4 and 5:
logic_timer (Timer_Red)
logic_timer (Timer_Blue)
logic_auto
Untitled2.png

Now the problem is, it doesnt add any points to the score. :(
Anybody who can help me?
And how do I set the roundtime and pointlimit?

Could anybody help me? :)

Last edited:

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
You might have a problem here:

OnPickupTeam1 Timer_Red Enable
OnPickupTeam1 Timer_Blue Enable

Zimius

Oct 20, 2010
You might have a problem here:

OnPickupTeam1 Timer_Red Enable
OnPickupTeam1 Timer_Blue Enable

Oops, i misquoted it :/
I just edited my post and added screenies instead of the walls of text

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Round time for CTF is by default the server's timelimit setting, but you can make it do whatever you want by adding a team_round_timer (which will make subrounds that repeat until the server's timelimit is up).

For the score, are you just looking at the hud score by the flag compass? I believe AddTeamScore adds full points (which go on the scoreboard) rather than ctf captures.

Zimius

Oct 20, 2010
Round time for CTF is by default the server's timelimit setting, but you can make it do whatever you want by adding a team_round_timer (which will make subrounds that repeat until the server's timelimit is up).

For the score, are you just looking at the hud score by the flag compass? I believe AddTeamScore adds full points (which go on the scoreboard) rather than ctf captures.
Ah okay, didnt know that :)
Thank ya! :D

Last edited:

Zimius

Oct 20, 2010
Another question :p
With what should i replace "AddBlueTeamScore" to make it so that it adds a flag captures instead of full points? (If possible)
And, how do i set the amount of flags needed to win? :)

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Flags to win is a server setting as well. However, I think both issues can be avoided by changing the mode on the flag to something other than CTF. It's been awhile since I did it so I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure one of the settings will make the HUD reflect the main score instead of capture score, and because of that there is no capture limit (which I assume you would want for this, since it would go really high).

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
You could parent a capture zone to the flag that is disabled by default and enables itself when a team earns a point then disables immediately afterward. However, this will return the flag to where it spawns initially. I think it's a good thing because it'd stop teams from turtling the ball, but on the other hand it's not really the oddball style.

Zimius

Oct 20, 2010
@A Boojum
'Kay, too bad of all these server-side things :p I'll see if i can make it work differently :3

@Nerdboy
Ya, I've thought about that, but that was not my intention :p

Thanks guys :)
I've figured i'd just put it in the mainscore board :)